The NABT will be holding their Annual Convention in San Diego, CA this September 7 – 11, 2016! As a platinum sponsor, BMS highly encourages all of our clients to attend this extremely valuable event that will enrich your practice and offer a fresh perspective through invaluable networking, education and fun.
The 2016 NABT Annual Convention features three days jam-packed with educational sessions, networking events and more that will:
- Keep you up-to-date on hot button issues
- Provide answers to time-consuming problems
- Inspire you to become more successful in your practice
Watch this Video
Learn more about what to expect during the convention by watching this short video created by NABT Board Member (and BMS client), Trustee Darcy Williamson:
Trustees, here are a few session highlights you can look forward to:
- Negotiating with debtors and creditors and consummating a deal:
In this first day of sessions, explore successful development of negotiation skills and strategies to create opportunities for trustees in small or large cases, then discuss the top considerations in conducting 363 sales; plus, consider the risks of cyber-enabled financial crimes.
- Uncommon assets and situations: The second day of sessions will feature topics such as the administration of uncommon assets, and the chain of evidence protocols when you encounter criminal law problems in a case.
- Doing the right thing: On the third and final day of the convention, explore sessions with topics on doing the right thing in a variety of situations, including civil forfeiture in conjunction with repatriation of foreign assets, receiving transfers and assets from LLCs, and considerations on other moral and ethical issues.
Trustee Assistants and Paralegals, there are special sessions just for you.
Tame your workload and avoid headaches by attending sessions on:
- When assets are considered property of the estate and how to administer them
- Auctions – when and how to employ professionals to sell assets
- Receipts logs in the electronic age
- Bank reconciliations and audits
Book your hotel room
The NABT convention will be at the hip and funky Hard Rock Hotel in San Diego. Conveniently located in the heart of downtown San Diego in the famous Gaslamp District, the hotel is steps away from world-class venues offering music, dining, entertainment and excitement for your entire trip.
Convention attendees may book rooms at the discounted rate of $229/night; however, you must be a registered attendee in order to reserve your hotel room through the NABT. Act now, the NABT room block always sells out!
It’s easy to register online:
Need more information before you decide?
Download agendas for the Trustee or Trustee Assistant tracks from the convention website. You can also find a hotel registration form for the Hard Rock Hotel San Diego, this year’s host hotel, on the convention website.
We look forward to seeing you in San Diego!
BMS Fun at