Want to go to the NABT 2017 Spring Seminar in Puerto Rico but not sure if your employer will approve? Do your homework and put together a cogent proposal about how attending the conference can benefit the firm/your Chapter 7 practice.
Check out these tips about how to get your employer’s support to attend this or other industry conferences!
- Check out the NABT’s conference schedule and educational programs to identify sessions and events you could attend to improve your knowledge and skills, or provide additional business to your firm. (The full schedule has not been posted yet, but stay tuned for updates soon!)
- Put together the cost to attend, and demonstrate how much can be saved by registering, making hotel reservations, and booking travel early. (Save $100 by registering for the conference before January 10!)
- If applicable, demonstrate how many CLE/CPE credits you will gain by attending the conference.
- Attending a BMS breakout session will provide you with valuable software tips and shortcuts to make your more efficient as well as aware of compliance issues that affect Chapter 7 practices.
- Share statistics of attendance (over 500 bankruptcy professionals attend NABT conferences each year) and identify distinguished speakers and industry power players you would like to meet and hear.
- Networking and engaging in the community strengthens your personal brand. Attending a conference also shows that your firm is committed to professional development, continuing education, and improving its services and outreach.